Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Side panel wraps

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by dynodan537, Jul 29, 2011.

1. dynodan537

dynodan537 New Member

Jul 14, 2011
    I am new to the wrap business and have a few guys wanting to wrap the sides of race trucks and dirt cars. These are mostly flat straight panels with minimal curves and body lines. I am looking for a resonably priced material to use for this that is decent to work with. These wraps usually only are on for a race or 2 before being redone due to body damage. I've read a ton about the difference in Orajet, Avery, 3M, Mac Tac, etc.... I'm usually pressed for time to put graphics on so I need something that is easy to slap on in just a couple hours or so. I also noticed the EDGE air release vinyl from signsplusbanners.com, has anyone used this product??

Please help me guys, which would be my best choice???

Dan

Tags:
  2. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Any cast vinyl should be fine. 3M 180, Avery ez, Oracale.

3. Kyle Blue

Kyle Blue Member

Feb 25, 2011
    3M IJ180 is what we use and it has the air release you are asking for.

4. msenjur

msenjur Member

May 21, 2008
    Slovenia
    oracal 3165GRA is the cheapes air-bubble free... but i dont how it would came off, if you dont laminate it... it might tear in peaces...

if pannels are realy flat, i would get cheapest vinyl, and install it with water. for 2 races it should work fine...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  5. Finishline Signs

Finishline Signs Active Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Crestview, FL
    We always use 3165RA for dirt late models since they are mostly flat.

6. msenjur

msenjur Member

May 21, 2008
    Slovenia
    do you laminate it?