• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign/Advertising "Packages"

G

Ginger

We are toying with the idea of offering sign "packages". eg. new contractor comes in, we could offer them 3 yard signs, 2 vehicle magnets and a banner for x dollars. Does anyone else have a system in place like this? Not wanting to re-invent the wheel here.

Thanks!
Ginger

iSign

I think you should reinvent it anyway, catered to your circumstances... just like pricing discussions, it seems like this idea centers mostly around how much discount right?
Or, is the question also about how or where you would promote specials like this? I offer breaks on multiple sign purchases, but I don't promote specials at this time. I probably should do more marketing, but I mostly "sell" to people who come to me first, and then I suggest any additional products I offer that I think would interest them, as well as mentioning the price advantages to roll them into one larger order...

Craig Sjoquist

Sign packages are good way to create a market, if you have new contractors staring business you already know what they mainly buy, fill that need with a special yes in indeed. soon you will have a list of contractors buying, then a catalog of sorts, that you can send out to contractors.

Do this with new types of business that are now forming is great way to specialize and you have them clawing at the door.

davearama

Typically they'll come in looking for one item. They get that at full boat unless they buy multiples in which case they get the usual tier price.

Where you can make some hay is suggesting any number of the additional items they may need but didn't think of. That's where you get creative offering (for example) a 10% discount on 2nd item-a banner?- and 15% off on 3rd catagory -business cards.

Custom_Grafx

I think with the right customer it works ok, but in general it can lead to discussion about how cheap it is, and soon becomes more about saving money than about getting quality signs and service. Before you know it, you've both spent half an hour talking about signs and $$$ and not making them. Sorry, I shouldn't let my bad experiences affect your idea, but just thought I had to say what can happen quite easily.

The only way I would offer this type of thing, if they were done off templates, the customer saw an exact sample of the product in your shop which they would touch and see and approve. ANY deviation from said template and/or materials/methods - double the price... heck, triple it.

This can only make you money if it's heavily standardised to the finest detail.

My 2c

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
Package deal

I like the concept. Never tried it however based on your location I would suggest a sign out front with pictures and a price. If you are out of the way maybe the same design in an ad within the local paper. Maybe even a number of package levels on a hand out?

I am a huge believer in planting seeds. You could easily attract small businesses with the idea of one price for all of their basic needs.

And if it is prepackaged it could eliminate a lengthy sale pitch with the customer asking vague questions. (although it certainly could go the other way with tons of questions)

Either way if you are looking for work it couldn't hurt to get people in the door.

Good Luck!

Craig Sjoquist

That is the whole idea ..planting seeds... with packages... who cares if they buy them what matters is they buy and it may not even be from you, but it does give you a shot at it... with planting a seed in there mind sooner or later they come knocking.

Just like cold calling , in this case a package that works for a type(s) of business, it really does not matter if they save money what matters it lets them think your doing something for them because you already been there done that. thats how you build a long term business one stone at a time.