• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Association Canada

CentralSigns

Sort of curious who out there in Canada is a member of the Sign Association of Canada. They keep hounding me to join. They want $250 membership fee and $250 Provincial fee. How much do you get back from this association in referrals. Is it worth the $ or not. Need to ask around cause don't believe their info :Canada:

CentralSigns

Hey sticky they want $500 now. $250 times 2. That seems like a chunk of change. Do you get referrals from them. I notice a few of the big guys are members.

royster13

One of the things an organization like this will do it lobby on your behalf against changes in regulations that affect your business...I know they offer advice to municipalities when they are developing sign bylaws.....

Tim Aucoin

I've never been able to think of an advantage to joining SAC... other than the pretty plaque! We have other memberships displayed (ASN, Chamber, NAPP, etc...), but (at least in our market), it doesn't seem to impress customers too much who we belong to so long as we can produce their work. From what I've heard, organizations like this just tend to lobby and hold golf tournaments and such! :rolleyes:

WB

We were SAC members for a few years but the $$ just wasn't worth it, I think we joined once because there was a local show/conference that was almost free for members and non-members fee were as much as a membership.
We've been members of SGIA for 10 years now. Been to a few training sessions and shows. The added valve you get off the website as a member is worth it IMO

royster13

This note came by email today:

Sign Association of Canada - BC Chapter

To Members of the BC Sign Industry,

The BC Sign Association - BC Chapter has been presented with a wonderful opportunity. The municipalities of Sooke and Whiterock are both in the process of updating their sign bylaws, and we have been invited to assist in the process.

This is a chance for our industry to voice opinions and request changes. If your business takes you into either of these regions, please give some thought as to what improvements you would like to see. We cannot guarantee that the municipalities will implement all our suggestions, but will be negotiating on your behalf.

In addition to your suggestions, we will be referring to the model bylaw developed by the International Sign Association. This guide was well-researched, and has been developed to be fair to both the sign industry and the planning departments of the cities we deal with.

We would appreciate receiving your comments and suggestions by Aug, 6th 2010.

If you would like more information about this, please contact David Atkinson. We have also set up a Facebook group called SAC-BC, and we will post more information there.

Sincerely,

David Atkinson
Sr. Permit Coordinator
SAC-BC Director
Cell: 250-488-2327
Sign Association of Canada