• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Associations Benefit? or Not?

CentralSigns

I was wondering if anyone out there is a member of the Sign Association of Canada. I think they may be affiliated with the American version. Is it worth the money? We are a small company with 2 employees, and don't make a ton of money, due to our geographic location, small towns. We have printing our own equipment and are looking to bring a bucket truck into our operation. Are the training courses they offer worthwhile? Whats the lowdown both good and bad?

visual800

Associations and Clubs and whatever other BS out there people can think of joining is nothing but a waste of time. We can cluster these into the chamber of commerce, the BBB and National Assoc for Small Biz. Nothing but a waste of money and a waste of time.

Save your money for other worthier things

Kylend Butler

I was wondering if anyone out there is a member of the Sign Association of Canada. I think they may be affiliated with the American version. Is it worth the money? We are a small company with 2 employees, and don't make a ton of money, due to our geographic location, small towns. We have printing our own equipment and are looking to bring a bucket truck into our operation. Are the training courses they offer worthwhile? Whats the lowdown both good and bad?

If you were is SC I could give you a good deal on a bucket truck and even a boom truck, I been down scaling because I also teach commercial graphics now so we manly do prints and cars graphics, things people can bring to me, but we still do a few larger scale jobs but I can always rent something beats paying insurance on them all year if I am only maybe using them twice. Save your money for bid packages we bid on them a few times a year like the Pepsi trucks around here and sometimes we get them.

zmatalucci

Unless they make you money, I wouldn't even bother. That being said, nearly all of them take your money, so the writing is on the wall.

Billct2

I support the USSC. Mostly because they do a ton of work on sign effectiveness reasearch which helps challenge a lot of the stupid sign codes being written. They also
have other member benefits like "group insurance".

CentralSigns

I get wahet ya all are saying both sides of the replies, but does no one have success stories from belonging to these organizations. This one is affiliated with ISA.