• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Business Demographics

Dirtmod#16

I am looking for help with my business plan that I have to do for the S.B.A. The S.B.A. site and the U.S. Census bureau doesn't have any sign shops that I could find. The Census bureau search I did was for the State of Delaware and I didn't find any shops. Does anyone have any web site links or suggestions for finding demographics that I can use. I need to find demographics on people and potential customers and I need to find financial demographics. I purchased the Palo Alto software that was on the S.B.A. site, and they have sample plans but no sign shops. Just hoping that someone out there has done this and may be able to guide me in the right direction.

Thank You!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
This is such a diverse trade, both in terms of signmakers and the markets they serve.

You should narrow your search to your own market and focus on that.

Check with the publishers of trade jorunals (Sign Craft, Signs of the Times, etc.). They should have a vast wealth of information on sign companies and their demographics.

CES020

A bit of an odd angle to take, but think about contacting people that help you find franchises. There are several sign franchises out there and I'd be willing to be $1 that they have all the info you want. Milk them along until you have the data you want :) You know they have it. I'm sure there are some basic rules, like for every 100,000 people, it can support "X" number of shops. It must be exponential at some point because once you get over 500,000 people, it seems like there are 100's of them.