• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Business trends

Pat Whatley

From what I'm hearing people are either at record high sales or record lows for the last couple of months. Nobody seems to be having typical late summer-eraly fall sales.

HulkSmash

Overall this summer has been average.. nothing special.
This winter was so busy it was stupid... and typically its the opposite...

slow in nc also......all the other business' in our area are all saying the same thing....some of the worst months they have had ever!!......not good.

Jillbeans

I'm deader than Janet Reno's girdle so I had to get a real job 4 days a week.
This is my 26th year, and in the past I noticed a trend.
Jan: dead
Feb: slow to medium
March: balls-out busy
April: insanely busy
May:busy
June:starts out busy then goes to medium
July: slow
August: slow
Sept:medium
Oct: medium
Nov: slow
Dec: slow but for a few small "gift" type jobs
I've been utterly dead since July, I have bid on two jobs this month and got the $25 one.
hahaha
I did have one $790 job but that's corporate therefore I may get paid by Christmas.
Love....Jill

James Chrimes

Business has been a rollercoaster this summer. Now that it is getting colder all of a sudden we have finally gotten deposits like crazy. Signs ranging from 300.00 to 6400.00 and they all want them by Nov. 1st. As well as we are moving the main shop out of the basement and into a retail location, and starting a second business ( not related to signs. ) by then also. All part of the joys of being a business owner.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Record high..... done more in the past 3 months than the entire rest of the year. I think we are on a record 3 month period in our entire 7 years. Doing everything I can just to keep up right now. This will we will wrap a Hondra CRV, Full size Toyota pickup (done), 2 more full wrap 36 foot buses, 225 10x12 digital print logos printed laminated and cut, and a few other assorted small jobs. Thats just this weeks schedule! I am a 4 person shop so yes - with the buses I'm using contract installers to get those done.

royster13

My August 2011 was up 69% over 2010.....Many of my new clients said that folks that previously called on them have disappeared....

Fanaticus

It's slowing down a bit more than it was in the summer, but still much busier than last year. We also jacked up prices way up in late spring, which seemed to make us even busier and brought in a different class of buyers.

VitalSignsInc

I havent slowed down since december.. i dont think my roland has ever stopped printting hahaha.. over all the phones keep ringing...but i am a supplier for cat and they keep me busy =]