• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Sign cleaning quotes.

Mastermatt87

I have a bank customer with large pan embossed double sided pylon signs.

They need to be cleaned.

I am new to service work.
How do I price cleanings?

Should I charge normal service rate plus drive time or should there be a separate rate for cleanings.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

equippaint

If I ask my attorney to wash my truck, Ill still get a bill for $400/hr plus $20 for him to answer my phone call. Charge your regular service rates.

Marlene

Hourly rate plus materials. Also is this a washing or a brush out the spiders? If washing, add on for getting water to it and any equipment needed to make that happen.

Mastermatt87

It’s a wash Job.
I had planned to use our service time but was unsure.

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not sure about the hourly rate thing, but it's not our shop hourly rate, but our 1-man with truck or bucket truck or whatever..... plus supplies rate. Much higher than our shop rate. Include travel time and now you need to find out..... does your insurance cover you for doing such things ?? Sometimes you need a permit, too. Most of the time, no, but I've heard and seen people get fined for not having proper paperwork with something like this.