• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VA Sign Company looking to Merge

ams

My company is located in Virginia and I am ready to merge with an equal or larger company. We do design, manufacturing, fabrication, installations, repairs, removals and more.

Our target market is Electrical signs, Pylons, Monuments, EMC's, Architectural, etc.
Our secondary market is Post & Panel, General Signage, Vehicle Graphics and more.

We dig our own footers, place our own rebar, pour our own concrete, etc.

I have 11 years of experience in the industry with a Class B Sign Contractors license which is good up to $120,000 of a single job or a total of $750,000 a year (for signs requiring a license).

The time has come to grow, I am sitting on 40+ jobs, which at least 15 or 20 are large scale, we are under staffed, our shop has gotten too small and we are struggling to keep up with business.

I am interested in merging with another company for greater manpower and resources.

Reply on here with your email address and I will send you an email or shoot me an email on my personal email at bdraper84@gmail.com Thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think a lot would have to do with if you are pricing things correctly or not. Someone merging with you is gonna make sure you meet their profitable margins or not. Not just because you are busy. Anyone can be busy no matter what size jobs or how many you're out. It sounds, based on what said, as if you have close to $700,000 or more coming up and unless you can justify a partner now in the mix can make a decent profit, why would they be interested ?? Just because you need help ??

Are you asking to merge or just hire help ??

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
That's an interesting direction you want to move in. If you're swamped with work it might be easier and faster to partner with another sign company on specific jobs if you cant handle them on your own.

Merging is like marrying... Long term and cant be undone. Subbing out or partnering is like going on a date...of ya'll dont like each other you can part ways when it's done... just dont forget the protection.

ams

Merging is similar to buying the business. However the company can still operate as normal even if the merger is out of state. I can handle this business, they can handle theirs. However I'd become more of an employee, but it would open up more employees, more equipment, more sales, etc.

As far as pricing goes, it's a good profit. Banners have a 500 - 600% profit, LED channel letters are 50% (not including install). It's the smaller things such as yard signs and small that have lower margins.