• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Company Name Ideas

OK Sign Maker

I am looking to open my own sign company this year that makes and assembles signs from wood, pallet wood, paint and the use of various quotes, etc. I also plan on doing some smaller piece like rustic stars, wooden arrows and also oversized pallet wood letters as I'm starting out. I have been racking my brain and was planning on going with ‘Rustic Signs & Designs’ but I would like a more unique approach on the name. I don't really have any good ideas for names and are looking for suggestions. I’m located in a small Oklahoma town. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas? They would be greatly appreciated….

SignosaurusRex

I applaud your initiative. In all straight up honesty, you are not really a sign crafter nor sign painter and your products don't really fall into the category of 'Signs' per se. They fit more in the category of 'Crafts' and should be billed as such. If you name your biz something like 'Rustic Signs', I believe you will be misrepresenting yourself and the biz as well as. That is a setup for a lot of disappointment on your part and perspective customers. Maybe go with something along the lines of '"The Crafty Quote".

OK Sign Maker

SignosaurusRex, I understand that completely. I don't know why I'm hung up on a name. I just want something clever or standout but I'm just struggling with it. I've googled a lot of unique things that people came up with in other businesses and there were some really clever ones. I guess my brain just doesn't work that way. haha

Johnny Best, that is too funny! I don't think I would get away with using that name to be honest. I live in the hometown of Woody Guthrie and I think people would think I was playing off of that in some way.

JERHEMI

Whatever names you think of, go directly to google to see if there is anything similar that would get confused with your business. If there is, scratch that name off your list and go back to brainstorming. Then go to Godaddy to make sure the .com is available. If it isn’t, scratch that name off your list and go back to brainstorming. Then go to social media to make sure the name is available. If it isn’t, scratch the name off your list and go back to brainstorming. Figuring out a unique, clever, brandable name where all the stars align with what I mentioned above is difficult and often times frustrating because it seems every single worthwhile name has been taken or some jerk owns the domain you want and is squatting on it asking an outrageous price.

webguru

Artistic Pallets

Domain Name Search

I suggest using the site I used to do domain searches. Searches are not logged. Nothing worse than coming up with an awesome domain name just to have a troll snag it up while you decide what you want to do.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Pallet Palette

pallet palette.jpg

Marlene

I did a search and found there are a ton of sign made from wood pallets so I would make sure the name has wood pallets in it as people who want this kind of thing will know you do it. The rustic sign thing may work but can get confused with other types of rustic. You could keep it simple and just call it Wood Pallet Signs if that hasn't been taken.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
The Refined Pallet

The Discerning Pallet

(plays on 'refined palate' and discerning palate')....

TammieH

One of these days I am going to open a lawn care company and name it ...

"A Little Off the Top"

Terry Welford

In the old west most sighs were made on wooden split 'Shingles' (roof tiles) maybe you could work that into your name, at least it has a historic perspective