• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Contractors Pricing Guide Question

kfinnn

I need some help interpreting the Sign Contractors Pricing Guide for vinyl letters. First thing I notice is there are two sections for vinyl letters, Sign Writers and Computer Graphics, and they are not the same price, $1.45 vs $1.30, though both are computer generated. Which do I use? Next, my caps are 3" and the small letters are 1.5". Do I figure the letter height on the capital letters, or individual letters? For premium vinyl 3" letters the price in the guide is $1.45 ea. My total for 3" 158 letters is coming in at $205.40 using the $1.30 price. Does this sound right? Many internet sites are pricing at about 1/2 this price. Thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, it sounds high to me, too. Why don't you take the numbers the other sites have, back in your figures and see what they are charging per letter. Remember, their prices include weeding and taping.

Jillbeans

You go by the cap size.
The signwriter's pricing guide is always high (that's why I love it)
If you are pricing in front of a customer
(which I rarely do) this guide can be a form of validation.
After all, it's written in a real book, not pulled out of the sky.

The first part (Signwriters) is for painted lettering.
Even if a computer is used to make a pattern or mask.
The second part is for cut vinyl lettering.

I still refer to a 2004 guide except now I use the written prices as a general guideline/minimum price.
And pricing will always be cheaper on FleaBay, and those companies are more than welcome to deal with the clients who want it cheaper.
Love....Jill

kfinnn

Thanks for the input. We ended up pricing between the websites and the price guide, and based on our cost of materials and labor, machine time, etc. We really need to conduct a local market study. We just don't get orders for this product very often.

Mosh

I use the SignCraft guide and it is always high too. I show the customer and tell them I can knock 10% off and they love it and think I am giving them a deal.