• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign critique / logo

Let me know your thoughts on this one... any suggestions i'm all ears.

Attachments

• Barber Shop R2.jpg
    Barber Shop R2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 132

fmg

What's urban about that? Oh you deleted the urban bit.Fair nuff!
Barber Salon are so out of alignment with the title 'HEADLINERZ' it throws the whole thing off. It just don't cut it scuse the pun.

Fitch

Far far far too complicated. All bends, twists and arcs... no flow and the eye is all over the place.

Simplify it - by heaps.

Cheers - G

PS And get rid of those horrible dots between the numerics - totally unnecessary.

dj_elite

i think the main part of the logo, the headlinerz part, the font is ok but i don't like how its all broken up. Looks like blood and reminds me of Sweeney Todd! If I'm going to get my hair cut, I don't want to be thinking about blood! And the bottom section is too simple of a font. IMO

Avanti

I thought Sweeny Todd also haha, I think the Barber Salon at the side disrupts the flow (maybe try to centre it), it looks like the curls in the font were meant to draw your eye to the razor blade but it's all just a bit to distracting. Just a thought :)

Pat Whatley

It ain't good. It looks like you took all seven elements and just tossed them at a sign with no thought about balance, harmony, or simply good taste.

Amateur font choices, BAD clip art, the curve on the top lettering is pointless, the whole thing is off balance and WHAT IN THE HELL IS "GLORIA N' CHAZ LLC" ON THERE FOR? The LLC is not cutting hair. Gloria cuts hair, Chaz cuts hair. The LLC can not hold scissors.

Fitch

Sorry but I have to disagree Harold.

The late Mike Stevens who I have never heard anyone question, submits to graphic / image / applique', then text, then shape / border... in that order.

If you disect most well constructed signs, labels, designs, you would have to at least rethink. May not change your mind but at least then you could constructively disagree with Mike.

Cheers - G

Fitch

Here is a great example of what I am talking about:

attachment.php

Credit: Tiki

Element - text - shape.

Cheers - G

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
First of all, is that their logo?
Do they need a logo?
Looks like a logo-ized layout to me, and not legible or effective.

It looks like 3 separate looks with nothing to bind them together....

It usually starts with the logo, and interpreting the message/copy and prioritizing correctly.

SignManiac

It has a tattoo parlor feel to it. Add some tribal emblems to it and I think I would work. Make it 83% smaller so it can have some room to exhale. Then the focal point will be aligned in the optical horizon.

HaroldDesign

Sorry but I have to disagree Harold.

The late Mike Stevens who I have never heard anyone question, submits to graphic / image / applique', then text, then shape / border... in that order.

If you disect most well constructed signs, labels, designs, you would have to at least rethink. May not change your mind but at least then you could constructively disagree with Mike.

Cheers - G
Was what I said not constructive? I was merely suggesting direction.
:rolleyes:

Thanks for the input. Yah the name is "Headliners Barber Salon By Gloria N' Chad LLC"

He feels he needs to leave the LLC on the sign as it's part of the name but it would be better if we could drop it.`