• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Guy Sign Estimating Software

Keith Garwood

Can you guys share with me your favorite sign estimating software and why you like it over others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bannertime

I use the low tier Estimate. I only use it for quickly estimating stuff like decals and other printed graphics. Everything else, like solid substrates, use a preset sqft price. Odd jobs will require a call to price out materials and reasonable estimation on labor.

henryz

Regardless the estimating software you use, someone still need to determine the labor hours, proper materials and cost. The software would just link all the reports necessary to put it into production. I use an Excel spreadsheet which you can export to a different software if needed.

Jean Shimp

We use Estimate for simple jobs. We have also developed our own Excel sheets for more complicated jobs that require multiple amounts of information such as materials, labor items including layout times, CNC times, painting, etc. I'm trying to get as accurate as possible on my quoting and Excel has a lot of built in tools that are very helpful for referencing costs quickly. Seems like we lose out on more bids nowadays to low balling competitors. I don't have a clue what they are using for estimating - something from another galaxy I suspect.:)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Quote board.jpg

henryz

Small sign shops use per up right inch price or per sq. for cabinets and sign faces. You know when someone calls and asks for up right in cost. Customers don't even know what that means. Every job is unique in this industry.

Starter

We use Excel for simple flat sheet signs....aluminum, coro, styrene...wood with sheeting and vinyl. Everything else like backlits, acrylics, dimensional signs goes to our estimator/pricing due to the constant changes in cost of materials and final design of the sign. Our estimators simply use a pen, paper and calculator along with a take off sheet of material costs labor and shop supplies.