• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign for trailer ramp...

Rebel Graphics

Hi Guys, I have a neighbor wanting to put a sign on his lawn mower trailer. It will be on the ramp so it's visible when it's closed. It will cover the entire ramp frame.
I was thinking of printed vinyl on a Max Metal ACP (3mm) and screw it onto the frame with self tapping screws... He said he had a bad experience with coroplast so it's a nono and maybe acrylic will crack.
Am I on the right track?
attachment.php

Attachments

• 125956_700x700.jpg
    125956_700x700.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 186

letterman7

That'll work, just keep it at least 3" or so from the top of the ramp. That way, when it's down, it won't get tore up so easy if it's on a gravel driveway or something.

jman

Done a few of these, used 3mm ACM like max metal or dibond. Works like a charm. I wouldn't use coroplast anyway because it's perceived cheap and you would get half for one compared to ACM which isn't much more than $30 more a sheet. Max metal is about $40 a sheet from Grimco, dibond of course is overpriced but still the same pretty much.

Rebel Graphics

Done a few of these, used 3mm ACM like max metal or dibond. Works like a charm. I wouldn't use coroplast anyway because it's perceived cheap and you would get half for one compared to ACM which isn't much more than $30 more a sheet. Max metal is about $40 a sheet from Grimco, dibond of course is overpriced but still the same pretty much.
ok cool, did u use self tapping screws and washers to secure it?

jman

The customers usually install these because nobody wants to pay for simple installs but if I did install I would pre drill a hole and use a bolt with nut and washer to secure it. Self tapers would work if there were something to drill into but with the fence type mesh that's there you don't have anything right?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Cool idea, but I have a hard time believing it will stay attached due to the wind. I'm also wondering if it may cause handling issues with the drag.

JB

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
Whoever installs should drill 1/4'' holes though the panel. Then use 1/4 x 20 bolts and drop a large washer over the bolt on the screen side. So that it can't pull through.