• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Frame for Truck

acothran

I'm designing a wrap for a cupcake shop but it also needs a sign. This will be a delivery truck (former DHL truck) that will also have a window to sell cupcakes at community events and such. My client has requested an area next to the window showcase the "flavor of the day". We've discussed magnets but in order to provide options, I was thinking about a snap frame (or other frame) that might hold an 18" x 24" (or possibly bigger) PVC or Coro sign.

I'm wondering if any of you have installed any type frame on a truck, trailer, or other type of vehicle. I've seen snap frames used outdoor and I think that would work well for this application, I just want to make sure it will hold up in transit. I've seen these type of signs on city busses but have never installed one. Any suggestions/advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Allen

trik

We actually did something similar for an ice cream truck, except we used Phototex believe it or not, and them switch them out every week, making different flavors their specials. The have several over a year old, and we just printed a couple of new ones the other day.

So no frame needed, just the overlay, and they have had no issues of lifting or loosing while driving down the freeway.

Good luck!

petrosgraphics

a lot of banks in our area are using the snap frames as A-frames... d/f..... they work very well.... we painted the frames with mathews paint to give them a little more protection
from the elements.....