Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sign frame repair

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by JgS, Mar 20, 2013.

1. JgS

JgS Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Houston
    Anyone know where I can get parts to fix these sign frames? They were donated by a gas station that closed. Thanks.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Google Windmaster, and you should be able to find the parts.

3. PrintzandPatternz

PrintzandPatternz Member

Dec 31, 2012
    I just take them in the shop and fix and make my own replacement parts with the welder torch and grinder and then have a shop in town powder coat them

4. FS-Keith

FS-Keith Active Member

Dec 4, 2010
    pennsylvania

cool story

5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Frankly, other than some cosmetics, I don't see anything wrong with them.

You can't sell them for new and they don't cost a whole lot new, so why bother ??

I'd just sand, prep, spray them and be done with it.

6. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    someone around here recycled some old a-frames like that by painting them nice colors, and lettering them with the customer's info. what is wrong with those? broken that we can't see? how many do you have? just those few? those types are the cheaper versions of a windmaster, but I'm not sure if anyone sells parts for them or just the whole a-frame

7. JgS

JgS Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Houston
    Thanks evryone. I couldn't remember who made them. I guess the picture doesn't show it but 2 of them are missing part of the frame. I got 6 of them. Not sure what to do with them yet. Maybe rent them out.