• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Geeks... only sign geeks like us would get so excited

thesignexpert

SO, after years of just "making do", I finally had my new production table built. All aluminum, 60" wide by 12 ft. long and 32" tall so we can bend over it easily. A simple rack & pull system at the end so we can easily load up full rolls of prints, feed it under the bar and one person can unroll & trim prints much faster. And, of course, a nice full sheet cutting mat to top 'er off.

I'm like a kid in a candy store which proves I MUST be a big 'ole sign geek :rock-n-roll:

Here's some pics...

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 85
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 75

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Nice looking table - now get rid of the carpet under it......

wayne k
guam usa

Z SIGNS

Nice table.Looks like it belongs in a hospital operating room.No don't go scratching that beautiful top up with razor marks.

ProWraps

thats pretty sweet. all riveted it looks like? 60" wide is awesome. how much did that cost in materials if you dont mind me asking?

MrSalumi

Very nice.. Did you fabricate it you did you have someone fab it? I might copy your structure design! I like it!

SIGNTIME

No Wheels? you may want to think about putting some on... why the aluminium top if your just gonna cover it with a cutting mat anyways? ... Not trying to be negative just wondering, that is a very nice table.

Blasko

Sweet table! Pretty Jealous

No Wheels? you may want to think about putting some on... why the aluminium top if your just gonna cover it with a cutting mat anyways? ... Not trying to be negative just wondering, that is a very nice table.

My guess is Stability. Seems like most caster wheels when locked have give and still wobble slighlty if you lean on it or shake it, and that aluminum is light enough to carry :)

thesignexpert

Sweet table! Pretty Jealous

My guess is Stability. Seems like most caster wheels when locked have give and still wobble slighlty if you lean on it or shake it, and that aluminum is light enough to carry :)

Our previous tables had wheels and we could move them around at a moments notice... only problem is, we literally never had a need to move them. Not one time in the last 6 years did they actually move. :rolleyes:

Seemed pointless to do it again especially since I kept the old tables and placed them out back in the install bays. I still have tables that can roll if needed but I suspect they probably won't move any more than they did before.

As for the single sheet top... We do a lot of large wraps and wide format prints. Everything comes off of 54" rolls (the reason for the 60" width) and we regularly do large trailers requiring long cuts. We noticed over the years that any imperfection in the table top caused the rulers to slip or pivot creating bad cuts and delays. By creating a perfectly level and smooth cutting surface we can pull large panels out, trim them, spin them, roll 'em up and keep rocking along at a much faster clip. I have noticed a 30% increase in speed and a huge decrease in x-acto blade use. The blades seem to last forever compared to how fast we were going through them before.

Blasko

Our previous tables had wheels and we could move them around at a moments notice... only problem is, we literally never had a need to move them. Not one time in the last 6 years did they actually move. :rolleyes:

Seemed pointless to do it again especially since I kept the old tables and placed them out back in the install bays. I still have tables that can roll if needed but I suspect they probably won't move any more than they did before.

As for the single sheet top... We do a lot of large wraps and wide format prints. Everything comes off of 54" rolls (the reason for the 60" width) and we regularly do large trailers requiring long cuts. We noticed over the years that any imperfection in the table top caused the rulers to slip or pivot creating bad cuts and delays. By creating a perfectly level and smooth cutting surface we can pull large panels out, trim them, spin them, roll 'em up and keep rocking along at a much faster clip. I have noticed a 30% increase in speed and a huge decrease in x-acto blade use. The blades seem to last forever compared to how fast we were going through them before.

That is awesome. Hoping you don't mind if some borrow this idea.:peace!:

Skye

Nice table
What brand of cutting mat do you use?
What is the thickness of the aluminum top?

thesignexpert

Nice table
What brand of cutting mat do you use?
What is the thickness of the aluminum top?

We used the Rhino cutting mat (60"x144")
The aluminium top is 1/8"

Here is a shot of it with the cutting mat. I have a small tape machine at the far end for the occasional project. We can also put a full roll on the rack and feed it under the roller bar to mask larger stuff if needed. Admittedly this is rare since we normally just load up big masked items and use the laminator. Still, it is nice to know we can adjust if needed.

Attachments

• DSC03539.JPG
    DSC03539.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 94