• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Sign guy helper android/iphone app?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Is there already an app out there for our industry that helps with calculations and such? If you don't know of one, what features would be helpful for you?

Here are a few ideas I would like to see in an app:
  • ASI/Sage Price code calculator (A,B,C,D Lettercodes..)
  • How much material is left on a roll calculator
  • Area & length conversions Sqft to sqin, mm to in, pts to inches
  • Maybe some kind of pricing calculator? Ideas here?

bannertime

I was building one once that you could set a database of prices and do a pricing calculator. I may reopen that project up.

ikarasu

A material needed calculator would be nice.. one that will do true nesting! Tell you how much feet you'd need, how much is wasted, etc.

For example I have to print 1200 30" x 18" signs on 54 inch material. Most of the calculators online will only tell me how much ft I need if I print full landscape, or full portrait. I have to throw a dummy file into onyx to get an accurate measurement.

I'm sure there's better calculators online.. but if you guys ever make. Printing app, I think a feature like this would be a must have. It'd be great for quotes also.

Sign.ed

One that works, whatever it does.

I use the one that HP has but it is no control functionality, it's barely a portal into the machine as it often has server issues. Last night I tasked one of my guys with rotating a roll of banners to run the backs of a double sided print. Checked the app 5 hours later, no notifications, still said it was printing the previous job actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk