• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Height Regulations

I tried looking up Sign Height Regulations in NJ and can't find any REAL data. I am placing a large order with my supplier and I'm a new business and would like to know for an example what height street name sign heights are so I can order quantities of the right size U-channels/round stock.

StarSign

Check the MUTCD. 7' ground to bottom of sign min., rural it can be 5'. Be aware that you also have to consider depth in ground which may vary. I've seen from 30"-36" up to 4' depending on what type of sign we are installing.

CS-SignSupply-TT

staying within the regulations!

I tried looking up Sign Height Regulations in NJ and can't find any REAL data. I am placing a large order with my supplier and I'm a new business and would like to know for an example what height street name sign heights are so I can order quantities of the right size U-channels/round stock.

Congratulations! for your foray into the street sign business. Obviously, the weather over the past few months should generate a lot of revenue for your business. By the way, if you need the MUTCD, please let me know.

StarSign

If you don't have a copy of the new MUTCD you need to download it now. That is the Traffic Sign Bible AMEN

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure about New Jersey, but here in PA in order to make legal street signs, you need to be completely inspected and authorized by the state in order to produce these..... legally being the key word.

We're allowed to make stop signs and street signs and other stuff, but only for private developments, plazas and other areas which don't fall under PA DOT regulations.

Are you sure you're permitted to make these ??

CS-SignSupply-TT

Are you "LEGAL"?

I'm not sure about New Jersey, but here in PA in order to make legal street signs, you need to be completely inspected and authorized by the state in order to produce these..... legally being the key word.

We're allowed to make stop signs and street signs and other stuff, but only for private developments, plazas and other areas which don't fall under PA DOT regulations.

Are you sure you're permitted to make these ??

:thankyou: