• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign in Espanol'

petesign

Oh brother...

So, I need a translation that actually makes sense to our spanish speaking brothers..

It needs to say something like:

Parking on Sunday reserved for Soapbox Laundry clients only.

Violators will be towed at owners expense.

Anybody got any idea? Babel fish looked crazy, and I don't know if "parking" has the same meaning across languages.

sign_student

translation

Oh brother...

So, I need a translation that actually makes sense to our spanish speaking brothers..

It needs to say something like:

Parking on Sunday reserved for Soapbox Laundry clients only.

Violators will be towed at owners expense.

Anybody got any idea? Babel fish looked crazy, and I don't know if "parking" has the same meaning across languages.

"Estacionamiento en dias Domingo sera reservado exclusivamente para clientes de Soapbox Laundry" - thats pretty much word for word.

If that's too long you could go with something like: Sundays - Reserved parking for Soapbox Laundry clients

"Domingo - Estacionamiento reservado para clientes de Soapboax Laundry"

I lived half my life in South America so you can trust either of those.

Need another version? let me know. Hope that helps

sign_student

How do you say violators will be towed at owners expense?

and.. thank you!!!

The literal translation for violators is violadores, which also means rapists so I wouldn't use that word...I would go with 'unauthorized vehicles' as in 'vehiculos no autorizados'

You could say Unauthorized vehicles will be towed = Vehiculos no autorizados seran remolcados

The word remolcados is understood everywhere by hispanics but not commonly used amongst all of them. I believe its quite common in Mexico so if that's your target audience then great. I'll try to think of a better one, it's just not coming to me right now.

Cheers,
Patrick

if you ever need anything translating into spanish my wife is fluent in spanish and i would be more than happy to have her translate anything you guys ever need etc. just pm me if you need it.