• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign making Equipment Leasing

typetching

Hello! Mike from Missouri here (and Texas, sometimes)...I was wondering if any of you have used an equipment leasing company and can point me in the right direction. My aunt, who has a long-time sign / promotional products shop (25+ years), and I are wanting to upgrade her business with sublimation and wide-format printing. We will be acquiring new equipment from multiple vendors and need a leasing company with a good track record and service. Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts!

Mosh

never used a "fleecing" company before...just pay for it and not worry about payments.

typetching

thanks, Mott. However, IMHO, leasing equipment has its place if purchasing/expanding your business severely limits the business' operating cash and/or the business can use the multiple tax advantages.

S

spmracing

If anything, i would go get a bank loan before leasing it through a printing manufacturer.

Billct2

I ahve done lease to won with $1 buyout several times. Worked fine.
But I would also consider a bank loan and compare the two.
Leasing usually costs more, but is easier to qualify for.
Since it's your aunt's business look into "woman owned" business
loans and see if there are incentives for business expansion.

Baz

So far i have had good experience with leasing equipment. I like to put half down, lease at a low rate and have a buyout option at the end (usually it's 10% of the leased/borrowed amount). Works great for tax purposes! And by leasing a low amount makes for small monthly payments.

typetching

Thank you

Thanks for all of your comments, people! If anyone can be specific on a recommendation of a leasing company for multiple vendors, I would appreciate it.

bikecomedy

Tried to reach the bank of my current lease to see if they would accept your application direct without and agent. Closed currently. :( My suggestion would be to eliminate the leasing agent entirely, not literally though ;).