• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Material

wildergraphics

I would like to know what to use to cut Poly-Metal and get a clean cut? I have never used aluminum substrates, only wood and am not sure how to cut it.

Also can anyone tell me if I airbrush and hand letter on Poly-Metal with 1-shot, can I or should I clear coat the sign and if so what would be the best clear coat to use?

What is the best method use to give the Poly-Metal a finished look on the edges. It is going to hang so they really dont need a frame around it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Wilder Graphic Design & Signs

signmeup

Cut it on a table saw with a good quality blade. A block plane will smooth the edges nicely. I don't think people clear coat one shot as a rule.

SignManiac

Inside sign or outside? If outside, I'd recommend definitely clear coating. Two part automotive will give you the best results but be careful, if it gets hot, it can react with the one shot. You can add an enamel hardner to the one shot and that will help it cure faster and harder and that will help with the clear coat.

There are some water based clear coats available now that can be used safely over your paint.