Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sign Mounting Film?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Signed Out, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Signed Out

Signed Out Very Active Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Looking for a roll of double sided adhesive film that can be used for installing dibond or pvc signs to interior doors. Needs to be permanent adhesive. Hoping to find something 48" roll that we can laminate to the back of 8'x4' sheets of ACM that will then be sheared down into 5"x3" signs. So at the end of the day all of the signs will be adhesive backed, and all the customer has to do is peel the protective film off and stick it.

I see tons of print mounting films, some with 2 year outdoor ratings
    https://www.grimco.com/Catalog/Products/BRITELINEMOUNTINGFILM-PERMPERM
    Would something like this work?

Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    3M 468MP is what you are looking for, there are some other brands but for peace of mind use the 3M

3. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    Let me know if you need the 3m adhesive. I have a roll here I would sell. Its been sitting here for a year and I have no use for it. 48 inch wide for sure.

4. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    Just use 3M VHB... a couple small strips does the trick. Don't see the need for complete coverage with a double sided adhesive.

5. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Yeah but if you get 250 signs out of a sheet, that's a lot of extra time applying strips to each sign, when you could laminate a whole panel in 30 minutes with a laminator, including loading time...

If you are going for a permanent install, 467/8MP is a great option, but it will take all the paint with it whenever someone needs to move/remove the sign. It's also rather expensive, especially at 48", and I'm not sure if they sell a roll under 60 yards long. You could get 12" and run multiple strips for less of an investment...