• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign question: What type of adhesive?

DonW

I do work for an area golf course and they asked me to help them with a hole marker. It is a flat granite or marble slab that was attached to a flat metal bracket with adhesive. This is a vertical mounting with no means of support for the stone slab other than adhesive. Luckily, when the stone slap came off it landed on grass and did not break. I estimate the slab weighs 75 to 100 lbs.

I did not do the original work so I would like to assist them if possible. Can you suggest what type of adhesive to use to attach the slab to the metal bracket? Obviously, this is an outdoor installation.

Thank you in advance for any advice?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
In a former life I was trained as a stone fabricator...

What color is the stone.. is it marble or granite...

Depending on the thickness and stone type and how much space you have to play with...

I would fabricate a metal rod or even used angle with long pins welded at each end, then cut into the back of the granite or marble to fit the rod/pin combination and then attach panel with epoxy, adhesive, thinset or whatever the situation required... (example, green marble is not very stable, it requires epoxy adhesive since is curls up with time)

otherwise sub it out to a pro...

But Macco Marble & Granite Adhesive might work