• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Schools ? Any info on them?

Keith Rae

I want to be a sign-painter's apprentice! What ever happened the the apprenticeship program? Rhetorical question. I got computer and eBay vinyl cutter now I'm owner of a sign business.

Replicator you only quoted 1/2 of the post. I applaud you for wanting to get into sign design the right way. It's to bad that someone local will not take you under there wing and teach you some of the business, but from their point of view they don't want to be adding to the competition in there area. I remember your introduction post sorry to hear about your problems with compensation. They hassle people that pay into the system and then need help. Yet peaple who haven't worked a day in their whole life can get a goverment check each month.

Air Art Girl

I think your interest shows but have you researched the income you will make as a small sign shop? If you are looking to have L&I retrain you for a new career, make sure it is one that will support you. It's a tough go out there right now for small shops, especially startups. If they are paying the bill, you might want to look more for a graphics degree and any marketing training you can get, the rest of the sign stuff you can learn as you are learning the backbone of the business, the graphics and layouts.

SignManiac

I graduated top of my class from UHK. It's the most expensive education money can buy, but I guarantee you will learn, from your mistakes that is.

I'm still taking courses even after thirty six years in this business as the business and times are always changing. They always told me that an education from the University of Hard Knocks would be expensive. Man they sure weren't kidding.