• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sign software on a new imac 27"

cncsignman

I am considering switching to a 27" imac for design and output to plotters and cnc machines. Currently I am running windows 7 ultimate and using corel x4, gerber omega 4.0. I output vinyl via omega to a mimaki cg 130 fx and output cnc files through AXYZ toolpath. I plan on using parallels on the mac to run win 7 ultimate. Is anyone running there equipment with this set up? If so have you had any issues?

ocsigns

I could never get the drivers to run with parallel. I have to design on the mac side, then reboot to win 7 and run the equipment.

Hopefully, there are others who have had success, but I have not.

Bigcat_hunter

I could never get the drivers to run with parallel. I have to design on the mac side, then reboot to win 7 and run the equipment.

Yep same here. I design on mac and print on PC. I do run Flexi on my Mac and also print from it but its not very stable. Will be switching to Caldera eventually.

cncsignman

If that is an issue, I guess I could use bootcamp and just use it as a windows machine since all of my software is windows based. Would still like the option of running both operating systems. I've contacted AXYZ. Mimaki and Gerber for there advise as well.

cncsignman

What are you running with it? I have an AXYZ router. I contacted them and they said that even with booting the machine as windows it would not work. then they said that they have not even tested a mac to see if it would work. They said the controller is PC based. I can see this idea going nowhere.