• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Tracker is New to Signs101

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from PA............................

Just a quick question...... if you joined back in June of 2007..... why is it you're just getting around to introducing yourself now ??​

I'm not being smart..... just wandering............. :thumb:

SignBurst PCs

Welcome Joe!

Signs101'ers, Joe is a great, down to earth guy with roots in the sign business. He has made this software knowing what sign shops really need to help the succeed. He has a great, affordable product which is set to get even better in the next month. I have been checking it out here at the tradeshow and am really impressed.

I hope that you enjoy Signs101 Joe!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
welcome,

i love things that can streamline business and give me more time for myself.

this program looks like alot of the excel programs i have created over time to handle the ins and outs of my business.

i definatly hate the subscription pricing, when i buy something, i want to buy it...

i think for $708 a year i'll keep using my spreadsheets....

Joe Arenella

Customer Care
Thanks for the Welcome!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. As far as the use of spreadsheets to run your business, it is possible. The problem with spreadsheets is that is is very difficult to have any integration - crm, estimating, job costing etc. As for the pricing most of our customers fall in the 29.00 per month range, which is 360.00 per year. All software is going to the web, and it will be very hard to run your business without a cloud based application - even the mighty Microsoft Excel is now on the cloud.

Joe

PS - we are launching a HUGE update to our system at ISA - be looking for Sign Shop Management bliss.

Joe Arenella

Customer Care
New Merchant

Welcome from PA............................

Just a quick question...... if you joined back in June of 2007..... why is it you're just getting around to introducing yourself now ??​

I'm not being smart..... just wandering............. :thumb:

I am a new merchant vendor.

Mark S. Adams

All software is going to the web, and it will be very hard to run your business without a cloud based application.

I firmly, and wholeheartedly disagree with this statement. I don't have time to argue the finer points, but just had to say something, as I am so opposed to this type of thinking. If programs like Corel & Illustrator (just to name a couple) go subscription based, then I'll be the dinosaur in the crowd, staying with the software that I have now.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
so cloud based applications is another way of saying we'll suck you money out of you each and every month until we're done with you....

no thanks, just because it's the way things are going don't make it right...

WildWestDesigns

so cloud based applications is another way of saying we'll suck you money out of you each and every month until we're done with you....

no thanks, just because it's the way things are going don't make it right...

I can see a lot of things going that way and for some programs it might make sense. I personally don't like it, but if the majority of people do then it doesn't matter what I think.

However, I am with Mark, if I have to pay a subscription to Illustrator or like programs, I will be keeping my old software and just have to worry about going the way of the dodo. Some programs that big business use they can get away with the "cloud" type applications, but I don't think our industry can if programs like Illustrator are subscription only. Imagine what we would have to price for our products then.

Now, if they had both a subscription and a one time fee for those to pick and choose what they want, maybe that'll be something different.

Options, must have options.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Welcome Joe. I also very much agree with mark and ddarlak. I hate the software subscription model with every ounce of my being and will resist and refuse every step of the way. I want to choose when updates get installed, I want to be the one in control of my database and how it is secured, I want to run the software here on my machine when I want to including when the internet is down for a day, etc, etc. It does look like you have a very nicely put together application though. I've used another sign app (estimate) for several years, they also with their latest release went to subscription based pricing. I stayed behing with the old version and they will never see another cent from my company.

CES020

+1 on the online version only. Something about having our customer database and pricing on a server somewhere that's owned by people in the sign business just freaks me out. The database owner could do some incredible queries on all the databases and outsmart every one of us.

Not to mention what happens when the server goes down for 4 hours, or when our internet connection goes out for an hour.

However, if it were locally installed, we'd probably own it.