• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign van!

visual800

i have owned vans for all of my 25 years. All your stuff is inside and locked up. Its versitile except when toting long materials or long ladders. 4x8 material fit great in the fords and chevys as long as standing up. Its about time to start looking for a new (used) one. I ran across this thing on ebay and was sold on its size and cargo AND doors on the rear. Cargo leangth 10' long, door opening in rear is 5' wide and 58" tall, height inside is 65"! They look odd but I kinda like them

[video=youtube_share;Gv8MG38eqPU]http://youtu.be/Gv8MG38eqPU[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Zx360

Local dealer we do work with is selling the crap out of these and the new ford transits. When they sell one they had someone our card, it's great.

Craig Sjoquist

Sure wish Chevy would get on the band wagon with a van that makes sense.

When I had full size vans I would make a false bottom to put 4x8 under worked great.

We bought one of the 2500's with tall roof when they came out back in January and love it! The deck is lower than that of like the transits and sprinters so it's much easier to get in and out of as well as loading material. It's about a 6" lower deck because it's front wheel drive. It's definetely been a great addition to our shop

visual800

We bought one of the 2500's with tall roof when they came out back in January and love it! The deck is lower than that of like the transits and sprinters so it's much easier to get in and out of as well as loading material. It's about a 6" lower deck because it's front wheel drive. It's definetely been a great addition to our shop

How about your mileage sir? And you got the dodge or the ford?

right now im driving a ford e250 with the 4.6 this motor is crap for power and pulling

eddesign

nissan nv 2500

we picked up a Nissan nv2500 high top with v6 last November and the guys love it gets 16 to 18mpg on highway

We got the dodge 2500 promaster with the extended height option, not the normal height as you have pictured. I'm 6'4" and I can stand in ours easily, so I would say it's about 6'6"-6'8" inside. We get about 17 mpg in ours. I'm looking to upfit it some in the near future as more items are coming out for them.

heyskull

We have had these vans in europe for a number of years now.
The size inside is what is a winner, and are just a large box.
We get the 3litre diesel but most certainly do not get a petrol option and especially a V6!
Mind you the 3litre diesel is the largest capacity available and they would be more likely configured with the 2.2litre diesel.
Fuel consumption on the smaller 2.2 engines is closer 39-45MPG (official figures) which raises the question "why are you not getting these engines?"

SC

Pat Whatley

but this would be so much cooler.

Attachments

• ggg.jpg
    ggg.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 82

Craig Sjoquist

the reason we don't get lower mileage engines .. because our government & lobbyist want to collect more gas taxes.

Same reason hydroxy is not widely used in modern engines computers can configure it well yet.

Z SIGNS

I have always used vans with a glass rack attached could not live without.
We throw the signs onto it and roll out
boomerator.jpg

heyskull

Maybe also because here in the UK we are paying over $9 a gallon, the engines have to be very frugal!
The US is just wasting fuel for the hell of it! Very environmentally friendly.......NOT

SC

David Wright

Maybe also because here in the UK we are paying over $9 a gallon, the engines have to be very frugal!
The US is just wasting fuel for the hell of it! Very environmentally friendly.......NOT

SC

So they got you under their thumb economically, and you resent us for not being in the same boat. Yet.
Environmental explanation is a ruse.

TimToad

the reason we don't get lower mileage engines .. because our government & lobbyist want to collect more gas taxes.

Same reason hydroxy is not widely used in modern engines computers can configure it well yet.

Oh, I thought it was because we have the biggest number of dumb, uneducated, anti-intellectual climate change deniers who'd rather spend more of their hard earned money on fuel and taxes than admit that there is an easily solvable problem.

Demanding higher efficiency out of EVERYTHING we consume, use, buy, etc. does not make a person look weak, or worse liberal. Its just common sense like the kind our grandparents just two generations ago used on a daily basis to survive the Great Depression and a couple of World Wars.

On the thread topic, that baby looks nice and roomy.

heyskull

So they got you under their thumb economically, and you resent us for not being in the same boat. Yet.

LOL ...... You got me there David!!!
I just wouldn't wish it on any country to end up as the UK.
We had coal and closed all the pits and bought from europe as it was cheaper, we had gas but sold it off, we had oil and sold it off!!!!
We have nothing now.
It would cost me nearly $300 to travel from one end of the UK and the UK is minuscule compared to the US , so we just stay home...LOL
Recently quoted a job which was only 75 mile away and the fuel cost means we lost it to a guy 50 miles away from them!

SC

TimToad

No, the rest of the world resents us for being a huge part of the problem and staying in total denial about our responsibility for helping create it, all the while whining every chance we get about how we don't need to change a freakin' thing about how wasteful we are.

SignManiac

I'm lucky enough to have a thirty foot box truck sitting in the back parking lot when I need it. The rest of the time, the pickup does the trick. Nice vehicle though!