• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Warehouse! Good or bad?

S

Sign-Man Signs

What can I say about Sign Warehouse. Jim Doggett is the best. Jim noticed one of my posts here and replaced a plttoer for me for free. I have dealt with them over the past 10 years. I have always gotten support from them and I recommend they highly. We have a Mutoh printer and a few of their plotters. All great equipment and supplies.

ckindrick

Very Good Company, yes every company has good and bad points, I have purchased from Signwarehouse for the past 3 years, and I always have my orders on time, and the people are always friendly to deal with, I have purchased more equipment in the past weeks and even gone to Texas to be trained on the equipment, I have nothing but good things to say about them. Give them a try, if you don't like them find another company.
Good Luck

P

ProWraps™

stop using a shipping company that wants to charge us $1500 to ship a 200lb peice of equipment from texas to cali. i ship 2000 lb pallets every week in my other biz and its $150. also find a shipper that doesnt MAKE you have to schedule a delivery, or they send it back, which is a real PITA when your salesperson never tells you to call the shipping company to set up the appointment. has happened twice with your company on our purchases.

aslo find a shipping company that if they are going to charge you $90 for a lift gate, they actually have a lift gate. basically GET RID OF ABF!

also, please for the love of god, hire at least one competent customer service rep. that actually calls you back, actually updates your company information, and actually does what they say.

andy

If you want to find out what a supplier is really like the best thing to do is try them for yourself- that's what I always do.

It has been my experience that a lot of people will not accept any responsibility for their actions- they just want to find someone to blame.

Some suppliers I have tried recieve rave reviews from others and have turned out to be cr@p- others who no one rated have proved to be the best, most consistent suppliers on my books.

d fleming

Bought from them years ago. Product not up to snuff, they didn't stand behind it so I never gave them a second thought. It was a long time ago, maybe they're better these days, maybe not.

Deaton Design

I buy from different suppliers, but have bought from Signwarehouse for many years.
Ive never had any problems with them, and actually bought my first cutter from them, one of them little vinyl express jobs that only cut 11", but man that thing never did quit. I sold it to a guy, who sold it to a guy that still uses it. I upgraded to a Summa.
Like Fred said, all companies are human and have problems at times, just like us. I give everyone a chance.

OneUpTenn

Always a good experience here....I tend to lean toward other suppliers though when I am not ordering a lot of stuff b/c $75 gets you free freight whereas SW = $300. If they lowered that I would prob order more of my little stuff from them as well.

Hint! Hint!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Sign Warehouse is neither bad nor good, it's rather ordinary. You can get better materials for a better price elsewhere. Especially with them wanting at least a $300 order before they ship for free. Any material packing 'Endura' as part of its name generally isn't worth the powder to blow it across the street but if you stick to name brand stuff, it's ok.

They do offer some really good deals on equipment but often they make up these deals by tossing in a bunch of stuff you don't need and probably would never buy. I bought my last printer and plotter from them with few, if any, regrets but they were name brands and not their rebranded gear which I wouldn't have up my ass if there were room for a freight train.

They tout their tech support and I've found them reasonably eager but not particularly knowledgeable beyond basic stuff. Stuff which you should already know if you're going to be wrangling this sort of equipment.

All in all, not a place to avoid but not a place to seek out. Ordinary.

P

ProWraps™

but they were name brands and not their rebranded gear which I wouldn't have up my ass if there were room for a freight train.

quite possibly the most uncomfortable, bizzare thing ive ever read on a forum. i dont know whether to congratulate you, or feel sorry for you.

Jim Doggett

How long have you been with the company Jim?

Hi Rob,

I joined SignWarehouse in January of this year, but our "relationship" goes back much further.

To explain, I was with AirMark (later became Summa) in the early days, when AirMark, JSI, SignWarehouse, Ordway, et al, were battling for a share of the CASmate, FlexiSIGN, Roland, Ioline, etc., etc. market. So in the early days, I was a rival.

But we're friendlier now :^)

Cheers,

Jim

Rick Magley

Good. Definitely! :^)

OK; maybe I'm a smidge biased. So many thanks to Fred for offering some kind and objective criticism.

We do serve a very large client-base; and while it's no excuse that any one of who honors us with their confidence is anything short of delighted, making everyone happy is a goal, not a certainty.

I can say we invest heavily in support. It's available during extended weekday hours and on weekends. And when it comes to great deals, I can say, unequivocally: we have the best deals on top-quality brands. Period.

So hope you'll give us a shot. If we fall short of your expectations, call me. My cell is 206.384.7078.

Best Regards,

Jim
Well, I tried to call your number and the guy said it wasn't you. My experience with Sign Warehouse has been 100% negative and if there is anyone there who cares I'd love to talk with them about it!

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
Doesn't seem like a fair question to me.

SignWarehouse is a huge company with thousands of customers and a ton of products. They do a lot of business. The fact that they do as much business as they do should tell you they must be doing something right. The fact that you can find some posts about a bad experience with them is confirmation that they are operated by humans.

I can say that in the last 12 to 18 months they have made a number of positive changes to reduce the incidences of poorly handled transactions.

My suggestion to you is that if you find them convenient and like what you see, give them a try. The chances are you will have a pleasant experience. If they let you down then shop elsewhere in the future.
I live close to them and buy plenty of Thermal vinyl and sign vinyl from them. They are convenient for me, when I run out of something.... I also go to Reese Supply in Dallas if need be, or if I buy over a hundred dollars worth of goods, they will ship it to me here in Bells.
Signwharehouse (I call then Sign Whorehouse) is OK by me. Like anything, they have their ups and downs, but over all, I have learned to deal with any idiosyncrasies that may arise.
The prices are fair enough, and to be able to call, order, and pick up at will call is a big plus for a small operation like ours.
Just be smart, give them the correct item numbers and you should be fine.

visual800

Signwarehouse has good stuff and bad cheap stuff. The used to suck at technical support, I dont know about now. I can advise you NOT to buy that GX24, its a low end plotter get a summa!