• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sign warehouse support horror story

Imakesigns

I hate to clog up the board with another rant about poor service, but after giving signwarehouse plenty of opportunity to resolve my issue I still haven't even received a call back.

I called them for tech support on my machine that is still covered by the full 3 year warranty. the receptionist told me they charged $49 for live tech support or free online. I opted for the online option even though I was sure I should be getting lifetime support free. over the next 21 days, I called back several times to see why I didn't get a response. every time I got the same answer from the receptionist, she could only transfer me to their voicemail and they handle in order of receipt. on the last day I had to call and demand a manager before finally getting a call from tech support. He confirmed to me that live tech support was free for original purchasers, for life. He couldn't explain why I had been told otherwise. they said they never received my first request for support. I forwarded him the message they had sent the same day I originally sent the request. when he gave me the email address to send it to, it was the same address used to send me the response!! the final outcome resolved my problem in 20 minutes. 21 days after my request....manager never called back, still hasn't to this day.

at the same time as my tech support fiasco began, I had an issue with my customer service rep, Katie zinck. she told me that my order would be sent the following Monday, as I ordered on Friday. it was only when I got the packing slip email that I found out one item was out of stock. when the shipment confirmation emails started coming the next Monday all was well except my missing item which I could live with. I called to ask when the last item was expected to ship and found out another item was missing from the shipment (the packing slip showed it being shipped). one of the two rolls of vinyl didn't go out. Katie actually picked up when I called that time. she couldn't have been more rude or careless. she said 'it went out today' like I was bothering her to even ask. that was the first time I asked for a manager. Regina Nation is the sales manager who still has yet to return my call. she did have a supervisor call me the next day who couldn't help me because she said she wasn't a manager. I have left 5 messages and called back a number of times asking to speak to the general manager. no response to this day.

I hope this information will be useful to those of you considering buying equipment or products from this company. my last message to the manager was that I would share my experience on social media with as many people as I could. she still decided I wasn't important enough to respond to. I have opened accounts with several other companies that I found researching this forum. now I will be doing business elsewhere and sharing my story wherever I can.

Shadowglen

I bought my first machine from them about 18 years ago a Roland PC-50 Color cam. A single ribbon P.O.S. Zero support back then looks, like nothing has changed. I think they were called GBC sign warehouse at the time.

Last edited:

newtread

Their customer service is terrible. I called about a pack of Teflon sleeves that was missing from my order and they were extremely rude. I took my business elsewhere.

fixtureman

When I was installing CVS equipment they used a company that made their sings and fixtures that claimed they shipped 100% every time. This really satisfied CVS until CVS had a symposium and I complained that what this company meant was it shipped everything that was listed on their shipping list and didn't list any back orders. They would give you a back order list only if you requested it.

Mikesbales

Similar thing happened to me. A friend of a friend asked for some simple die cut graphics in a color I don't stock. Found a 12"x10yd roll for $9.00 and figured what the heck, I'm doing my friend a favor by helping his friend, so $15.00 Shipped isn't bad since I wasn't charging him. Got the shipping confirmation the next day (tues) and told him to expect them by the next Monday (he's getting free decals so I wasn't going to make it a high priority job.) Anyway, Friday rolls around and I still don't have the vinyl, and the tracking number isn't showing any activity so I called down there. Come to find out they were out of stock and didn't bother telling me. I asked to cancel the order and was told that customer service would call me right back....you guessed it, no call. I called back on Monday and was told that the customer service rep assigned to my order was out of town and they were the only one who could help me. Well the vinyl finally came on Thursday and I received a call from customer service about 10 min after it was delivered (convenient I know). I decided to keep the vinyl and never shop with them again.

Long story short that that friend of a friend owns a HUGE tree company here and was upset that I didn't deliver on time (free lettering, but I guess beggars can be choosers) and ended up ordering a two truck wraps, plus lettering and rear window graphics for all of the company vehicles from some guy across town.

not sure if he would have used me or not, but that sure didn't help.
Sorry for the long post but I'm still bitter if you can't tell.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I am not exactly sure what types of supplies you regularly order, but I recommend giving Advantage Sign Supply a chance as they have always been GREAT to deal with and they are also local to you.

Imakesigns

I have had good luck over the past few weeks with Grimco and Fellers. I know all companies can drop the ball at times, but Signwarehouse seems to be out of the business now.

Zac

Mediocre Designer
I have had good luck over the past few weeks with Grimco and Fellers. I know all companies can drop the ball at times, but Signwarehouse seems to be out of the business now.

+1 to Grimco and Fellers, our local Fellers offers free delivery, as does Graphic Solutions Group. Hell, the back of Fellers catalog has everyone of their customer service reps faces. Couple lookers but nothing fancy.

ActualGrafix

I wish I had read this before I tried ordering from them again. They sent me the incorrect items and keep telling me ill get a call soon in order to return the items and ship the correct ones. If they don't call back today, i'm contacting the credit card company and reporting them for fraud.

Every once in awhile I get a wrong item or they missed an item from Grimco. I call our sales lady. We have direct phone numbers to. She does the computer work while I am on the phone and the next day they get the right stuff to me. If I call early enough it comes the same day. When there is a item out of stock it always plainly says it at the bottom of the quote as well as where it's coming from and how long it will take. There is nothing easier for me and calming for everyone then knowing it only takes one call to a very nice person and everything is handled. GRIMCO all the way.