Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signage for aluminum - needs to be removable

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by FoxtailVinylDesign, Jun 5, 2012.

1. FoxtailVinylDesign

FoxtailVinylDesign New Member

May 10, 2010
    Hello all! I have a customer that needs a sign to display on a truck. Where this sign will go is aluminum so a magnet wont work. It is a "Now Hiring" sign so they want to be able to take it off when they are done hiring and also be able to put it on other trucks. (they have several).
    Any suggestions on what I could use?

Thanks

Tags:
  2. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Sheet metal screws:ROFLMAO:

No, seriously, if they are driving this thing around you can do toneau cover buttons, wait, I already know "...but they want it cheeeeep!"

3. FoxtailVinylDesign

May 10, 2010
    Sign or decal? both lol
    It will be a "NOW HIRING" sign for the truck. His first thought was a magnet.... nope, wont stick to the aluminum sides. They want the best of all worlds. They only want 5 (like I said they have way more trucks then that) and want to be able to swap them out on the different trucks. I suggested vinyl but again nothing permenant. GEEZ! CUSTOMERS! I TELL YA! :banghead:

4. FoxtailVinylDesign

May 10, 2010
    Thanks for the Gerber referance. I logged onto their website and I think this might work. I will call them tomorrow to get their input!

5. FoxtailVinylDesign

May 10, 2010
    LOVE IT!! :notworthy:

6. cajun312

cajun312 Active Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Louisiana
    PhotoTex would work.

7. Cale Frederick

Cale Frederick Member

May 19, 2012
    We use Phototex for similar jobs. Print and die-cut and then we roll on some clearstar liquid laminate before weeding. We have had very good response from this and we sell it instead of magnets around 75% of the time.

8. FoxtailVinylDesign

May 10, 2010
    Phototexgroup.com ?

9. Cale Frederick

Cale Frederick Member

May 19, 2012
    We get ours from Fellers. Many places have it though. If it needs to be contour cut, make sure you have a few sharp 60 degree blades on hand.

10. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Banner.