• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signart.com

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Last I heard Signart.com was not selling individual files nor were they accepting new subscribers. Educated guess is that they will close the site once they fulfill their current subscriptions.

Clipart.com has a significant amount of vinyl-ready clipart available to their subscribers since buying out OCA Enterprises libraries. They currently have an offer open to all for $99 a year. Vectorart.com sells most of their work as individual files although they lack a search engine. My allcompu.com site offers about 2500 images at this point for individual purchase and does have a search engine. My new site ExpressClipart.com will be opening in the fall and will have an image count in the tens of thousands ... all of which will be offered for sale individually or in mini-collections for immediate download.

Timothy Davis

Sad to hear, I could have really used a site like signart. Are you offering beta subs on your new site opening in the fall.

We currently run our shop at a Fleamarket to get a feel for things and get the public exposure. We have to turn away work by not having the time to find clip art fast enough. We just had highspeed internet installed in hopes of being able to look up and locate images that we might need in a more timely manner.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Will your new site offer a yearly or monthly sub price for unlimited downloads, or even a limited number of downloads for a set price?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Timothy Davis said:
Sad to hear, I could have really used a site like signart. Are you offering beta subs on your new site opening in the fall.

We currently run our shop at a Fleamarket to get a feel for things and get the public exposure. We have to turn away work by not having the time to find clip art fast enough. We just had highspeed internet installed in hopes of being able to look up and locate images that we might need in a more timely manner.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Will your new site offer a yearly or monthly sub price for unlimited downloads, or even a limited number of downloads for a set price?

At the present time we are only looking at getting open and selling by the image and mini-collection. Frankly, other than the Jupitermedia group, subscription services do not appear to have been the biggest hit. And it makes individual artists more than a little nervous. Besides which, not all images will be the same price which would also add to the confusion with a limited subscription service. I would never do an unlimited service because that just invites people to download everything you have and cancel their subscriptions.

To answer the issue of users not wanting to have to go through the payment process everytime, we are considering offering a prepayment option which would then serve the same purpose as a limited subscription.

I think you may find ExpressClipart very useful both for a variety of well described content and for ease of finding images.