• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SignCut or EasySign...reviews??????

Kleonard

Could be buying a used Graphtec fc3100-120.
Need AFFORDABLE cutting software (using Adobe CC for design).
i saw EasySign online...does anyone know anything about this???
I've heard of SignCut but have never used...did not see FC3100-120 on the driver list though (saw everything BUT).

Biker Scout

I have the same plotter. It's a workhorse. But yeah, it's so old that you will not find it in many supported listings. I also design in Illustrator. (But I'm not giving Adobe any money per month for a cloud based software)

Anyway, I cut out of SignCut. It's not directly supported in the list, but when adding drivers I think there was an option to name it and that's what I did. I have no idea how you are going to communicate with the plotter. Serial, Parallel, USB... on a Windoz machine or a Mac. So I can't give anymore specifics although, I did do a walk-thru already on this plotter on how to connect it to a Mac using a USB cable. (Which I was told was impossible, but I was bound and determined plus I knew a thing or two about cables, HGPL and the magic device that allows Macs to communicate with legacy devices.) And I'm sure there I mentioned what driver I selected that wasn't specifically listed as an FC3100-120

WildWestDesigns

Could be buying a used Graphtec fc3100-120.
Need AFFORDABLE cutting software (using Adobe CC for design).
i saw EasySign online...does anyone know anything about this???
I've heard of SignCut but have never used...did not see FC3100-120 on the driver list though (saw everything BUT).

I don't know about Graphtecs, but I know with my Rolands you can cut directly out of Ai, DRAW and even Inkscape.

If you are using Ai, I would give that a try first as that would be your cheapest option. Next cheapest might be to look into the CoCut plugin for Ai. See if that cutter is listed on there. That would be the next most inexpensive that I would be aware of.

neato

Unfortunately, running a Graphtec directly from Corel is a thing of the past. Thanks Microsoft!

I've been using SignCut. I don't cut a ton of vinyl, so I haven't used some of it's advanced features yet, but so far it's working great. They make it affordable with the subscription system too.