• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signcut question

bnicley

Hello Everyone!
I am new to this trade and am having a bit of trouble tonight with my cutting software.

I use inkscape to design in and then use the signcut program to send the file to the ProCut CR630 cutter.

For some reason, about 85-90% of the cut lines show up around my lerrering but not all of them show up. As you know, if there is not a line showing the outline, the cutter will not cut it.

I have tried a few different fonts but no luck.

How about a thought or two??

Thanks
Bryan

tintguy31794

I had something similar happen in signlab about a year ago... it baffled me.. I restarted the computer and plotter and it has not done it since... computers are crazy.

John Butto

good software

Actually it is good software, have been using it for years with a Summa cutter with a MacBook and Adobe Illustrator. It is complicated for someone just starting out though because of the setup with baud rate, stopbits, etc. If you know the basic concept of X & Y axis and using adobe illustrator (the poster is using a sourceforge free download of a program tha only works on OSX11 on the Mac so things can get complicated). Signcut has good support and will address any concerns.

bnicley

Thanks for the thoughts. I am saving for some better software as we speak. For the moment I am having luck with the stuff that I have. I have found very quickly that it looks to be very limited but who does not like a challenge?? Thinking about Flexi as my path. My goal is to be able to cut text, do design work and import color pics for printing on misc material. Am I on the right track?

Thanks
Bryan

John Butto

Adobe

Save some money and purchase the Adobe package which has Illustrator and Photoshop and is by far the best photo application out there. As far as SignCut it will cut anything you layout in vector in Illustrator.

Raulrdz

+ 1 for Signcut, it does what it says. I like the older version better the new version lost some good features, like being able to resize your registration marks on the fly but it is still easy to use, affordable and works very well.