• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signcut won't open .ai files

oc63rag

I'm having a rough time with this. I just installed Signcut X2 to cut with my Summa D60. I'm designing in Illustrator CS2. After I save a .ai file and go to open it in Signcut, Signcut just closes. I can open and cut all the sample files that come in Signcut and Illustrator (but just the sample files).
It doesn't matter if I click on "Import" or "File", "Open" - Signcut will read the file and just before opening it it just closes.
Anyone run into this?
I've emailed Signcut's tech support twice today and haven't heard back from them.
I'm running Mac os 10.3.9, Illy CS2 and Signcut X2 PE.
Thanks for any help

Ron Helliar

Try and save to an old version (8. or below). There's a good chance your bridge cutter can't accept CS2 native yet. Or try converting fonts to outlines, you could have a rouge font.

oc63rag

This is really frustrating. I've tried eps, legacy eps, legacy .ai, converted fonts to outlines, nothing works. I emailed Signcut's tech support again but haven't heard back yet.

oc63rag

Thanks for the replies. Still no go. Legacy version 3 for both eps and ai still closes the application.
I did try their web support. I'll wait to hear back from them.

oc63rag

Success! This may be lameness on my part but when working in Illustrator, if I selected the image, and then did a live trace, then went to "File", "Send to Signcut" I could import the image in Signcut and cut from there.
Is this a common step that I just didn't know about?

crafty1

can't cut with signcut

I don't have the send to signcut option in my version of illistrator. How do I cut?

Please help!!!!