Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SignCut X2 issue

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Darin, May 4, 2009.

1. Darin

Darin New Member

May 4, 2009
    I have owned a Seiki (Sucky) plotter for a couple years now and never have tried to use it....until now. I installed signcut X2 software and it is version 2.16. I have CS4 illustrator and saved designs as CS version. When I try to bring over it just loads a line (in the video) but most of the time nothing. When I try to just add font to try to see if machine works. It will only show one font even if I change the font. Any help will be appreciated.

Here is the short video showing what it does.
    http://www.easycustomprint.com/images/signcut.3GP

Tags:
  2. igneous

igneous Member

Feb 8, 2009
    what file type are you exporting as, ai? have you tried eps?

3. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    whenever I export eps from illy i use v.3 (not CS3, but 3.0) - seems to take out any wierdness adobe attaches to it...just a thought

4. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    I'm using SignCutX2 with CS3 from a Mac, so bear with me...

Do you already have your text and strokes converted to outlines before you save back?

5. Darin

Darin New Member

May 4, 2009
    Thanks for the replies. I have only tried .ai files as I thought I read somewhere in the directions that I shouldn't use .eps.

As far as this
    I guess I really don't know how to do that and since I was just doing text and it was vector so I thought it would just "read it". This might be where the problem lies. Text seems to be an issue with the software. I tried just adding text in signcut and it will not change. I can change it a million times and it will keep with the same font.