• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signcut x2 problems

crafty1

I'm trying to figure out signcut x2 and I tried switching the measurements from mm to inches. I've set up the sign to be 14" x 3" and when I send it to the plotter it comes out at 14mm x 3mm. Help!! I have tried switching back to mm measurements and then to inches, but it still doesn't help. What am I missing?

John Butto

mm or "s

Whatever you layout in Illustrator and saved as an eps and then send to signcut it will cut it exactly the same size as you laid out. I never use the inches or mm since the software cuts whatever size (if you used inches or point sizes) you have in Illustrator. In cutter settings at top is where you set the inches and save and it should stay at that. If you email the software website they usually respond quickly.

Tazman00

To change mm's to inche's in signcut X2, go to settings at the drop down go to settings again change unit: to inch and area unit: to sqinch.

Taz

FatCat

Also, make sure you've adjusted your cutter to their recommended settings. Once I did that my CX-300 worked like a charm.

crafty1

I had it working correctly on another computer, then turned the computer off and it shrunk back down. I've changed the settings in signcut to inch & sq inch, but do I need to actually change a setting on the cutter?

Tazman00

I have a Copam CP-2500 and use Corel X3 and Signcut X2. I use inches in Corel when I design, and have Signcut set to inches as described in my above post. I've never had a problem with it cutting the wrong size. and haven't set any settings on my cutter for inches or mm's.

Taz