• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SignGold help?

68dodgeramman

Now I know this isn't the best of lay outs. But, it's what they have on all their other trucks and they want them all the same. It's Oracal 951 Black and then SignGold Extra Large Engine Turned Gold, on top. But my question is; what would you charge for this job? It has the fire department name on both doors and the truck number, "705" on all four corners. Thanks for any ideas.

Attachments

• 031600_2014[00]res.jpg
    031600_2014[00]res.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 031600_2025[00]res.jpg
    031600_2025[00]res.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 82

washingtonsignguy

I have done work for fire departments before, You get the call and immediatly think if i get this one, iam their sign guy. not in my case. every job they send out for bids and sometimes i get it and sometimes i dont. So i wouldnt try to low ball it, just to try to get more work, charge your normal rate and sell them on your service and quality, in hopes they return.

Jillbeans

He is right.
Signgold has a price suggestion list in their literature. Remember to add the cost of the 951, app tape, new blade, hourly shop rate, trip to town etc.
Signgold is not cheap, and it can be tricky to use.
And VFDs are notoriously fickle.
They probably have a member who has a plotter and may just be getting a "real" bid so that his looks much cheaper and they can justifiably use him.
Love....Jill

JasperST

Just figure out how much the materials cost, mark it up at least 20% and add the time you think it will take. Then add at least 25% more time. That would be my base price. My experience with fire departments has been mostly negative for some reason, they operate on a different frequency than I do I guess.