• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SignGraph - free software to help sell signs

Tom Dalton

You could probably make something like this in Excel or Access, but if you don't want to bother ..then you can use ours. We made and used this simple program to make graphs to help sell larger sign jobs. The graph is designed to help illustrate the relative bargain in signs when comparing "cost per advertising exposure" versus other forms of advertising.

We don't charge for the program because it is really too simple to be a marketable program. We do password protect it (and provide free passwords that change periodically) because this gives us the option to sell it in the future after we add more features to the program (like a sign bidding system).

Anyhow, it isn't much, but it is free and it is at...
http://signsdirect.com/signgraph.html

-Tom

thesignexpert

Tom,

That is a great idea! Just an thought... could you incorporate some more visually relevant icons to represent each comparable advertising type? I'm all for the power of bars and graphs but I would think that the sign customer would be more impressed if the presentation was more visual and easier to relate to. Just my humble opinion as I think it is sweet!

I see some real potential there.

Tim Evans

The Sign Expert .com
"Practical Help for Sign Professionals"

Pro Sign and Graphics
"A Pro Sign made Easy"

flisk

I'm a little leary about it, mainly because it seems like the program relays information back to you somehow, Tom?

How else would it know what password is needed for what week?

Tom Dalton

Hey. I haven't had time to update the program in a while, BUT I did remove the password. Now it is 100% free and you don't have to re-enter the password. I'll see if I can make some more relevant and graphic navigation icons. Our only goal was more exposure for our company and more sales for the sign industry as a whole. Brian, the program doesn't relay anything anywhere. I wouldn't even know how to relay anything anywhere using FileMaker ...nor would I. I built it in a database design program on the mac (Filemaker Pro). Filemaker allows you to save as a runtime solution. Runtime is basically Java and Filemaker will save as both runtime for PC and runtime for MAC.

Enjoy.

Tom

jimbug72

Try as I may, I cannot download this OR the Mac file in it's entirety. If I'm lucky on Windows I can get about 26 of the 31.1 Megabytes before the download "Finishes" but usually it quits somewhere between 12 and 21 megabytes. Anyone have any suggestions or alternate download links? Google produced no results and I would like to give this program a look. It may help our sales guy out in these trying economic times.

Any ideas would be hugely appreciated.