• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SignLab 6 Problems

Shaun Price

Hi, can any one help?.
I have been using signlab 6 for a bout a year with no problems. I have just updated my computer for a new one and have re-installed signlab 6 again.
The problem is when I type a character or number I get a string of them come out on the screen. I can draw shapes and send them to my vinyl plotter ok so I know the dongle and drivers are installed ok. I am thinking that there must be a setting I have got wrong.
Any help would be very much apprieciated as I an busy as it is the run up to christmas.
Regards
Shaun:thankyou:

geb

Hi Shaun. Curious, did you upgrade to XP, ME, 98? I had recent problems and found out there are different builds to e6. What version of e6 are you running? To find out go to help drop down in e6, about signlab, and also press the r key on your computer to give the current build your running.

Hubert from Cadlink and Bob G. visit the site and have been a big help for signlab users, so I'm sure you'll hear from them.

I just noticed from the cadlink site in the knowledge base a case where duplicating #'s has been known to be caused by windows 2000 patch or XP service pack 2.
Here is the link and what they suggest you do. They mention updating to the current build of the vesion of e6 your running. These patches are located under downloads and patches on the site. This site usually requires you to sign up, and its free, so not sure if link will work. If not, go to www.cadlink.com, sign up, you may have to wait for email confirmation, then go to knowledge base, I believe its the second drop down menu from the left, and search in there for tech note to fix your problem. Here's the link, hope it works.

http://www.cadlink.com/support_train/technote.php?tn=2098

George

George

Shaun Price

To George

Thanks for the reply.
The computer is still XP Professional as was the last computer, the only differance is that the old computer is service pack 1 where as the new one is service pack 2.

I still have the old computer as I am using it in another workshop for my engraving machine.

Regards
Shaun

geb

Unless I'm mistaken from cadlinks website, the service pack 2 is probably the reason for your #'s duplicating. I noticed the link won't work unless your signed in to their site, so if your not registered with cadlink, you may want to do it. Then go to knowledge base, look for tech note 2098.

George

Shaun Price

I managed to speak to a chap from Cadlink and he gave me the right patch to down load. Its now up and running. Thankyou for your advice and help.