• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

signlab 7.1 tiling question

Hi,
I have signlab 7.1 software.
I am having trouble when I tile using my roland versacamm. I have gone into the tiling area and selected all the tiling options and entered in my overlap amount.
When I sent my design to be printed its not printing an overlap. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Thank you,

Designs by Stacy

Rod

Setting an overlap between job tiles

Hi Stacy,

1. From the File menu, go Print and Cut Setup.
  2. Click the Page Setup tab.
  3. In the Overlaps section, set the Horizontal and/or Vertical overlaps between tiles.
In the Print and Cut Preview mode, when you click the Tiling button to adjust tiles, note the additional dashed line that indicates the tile overlap. Drag extra tiling lines from the edges for comparison.

Cheers,

Rod at CADlink

Rod,
Thank you so much for helping me out.
I put that information in the Cut ... Tiling.. area.
What I didn't do is what you said.... In the print and cut set up area.

Thanks so much for the help!!
Designs by Stacy

Rod

Hi Stacy,

Yes, the Cut menu mostly concerns the Cut Preview mode, whereas File >> Print and Cut Setup configures jobs for Print and Cut Preview mode. The exceptions are the contour cut controls under the Cut menu, which create cut lines that are valid for print and cut jobs.

A little background. SignLab grew out of early vinyl sign applications, and plotter controls were placed under the Cut menu. As SignLab grew to incorporate digital printing support, the new print and cut controls took the form of File >> Print and Cut Setup. However, it was realized that sign shops needed print and cut settings that were separate from the cut-only settings of a dedicated cutter. This is why you can simultaneously have a printer and/or cutter configured under File >> Print and Cut Setup, and a separate stand-alone cutter configured under the Cut menu.

Cheers,

Rod