• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab 8 Import Error

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I just started having a runtime (C++) error with SignLab when importing an .AI or .DXF file. The error comes up and instantly terminates the open window.

I've been using SignLab for five years, and this is the first time it's ever happened.

Any suggestions?

JB

transam

Seem to be having that same problem along with some cutting issues. Did you find the reason for the runtime error?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
My file was originally made in AutoCAD as a .dxf, and for some reason, it contained an extra layer that I could not delete. The problem (not importing into SL) still persisted even after it was imported into AI and saved as a naitive AI file. Illustrator never had any issues with the file, nor did AutoCAD.

I finally created a new ACAD file from scratch, this time containing only one layer (drawing layer), and imported it into SignLab as a .dxf and it worked perfectly...like it usually does.

I don't believe the first file (that wouldn't import) was corrupted because it still opened in SL and AI. I think it must have had something to do with the extra layer that SL couldn't interpret.

JB