• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab 9.1 and Roland GX-500

aplusigns

Hi All. New member and first time poster. I use Signlab 9.1 and have just connected a Roland GX-500 cutter, While it cuts fine via direct USB port, It wont recognise jobs sent via the print spooler. The spooler sends the job out to the cutter, but the cutter wont recognise it. I tried connecting via a parallel cable, slowing down the baud rate, but no luck. PC is Windows 10 Pro. Have installed updated win10 drivers from Roland. TIA.

Neil

Well, I have an old CX24 that belongs to a friend here, I wanted to install through Signlab to verify that the cutter works.
So, I've just done it. And it worked.

I used a USB to Parallel adapter as I don't have an LPT port on the computer.
Windows (7) set up the cable driver. I installed the cutter in Signlab and selected the port as USB001+ (unknown printer).
Set it to cut via VPM. Everything worked fine.

Timotyen

Hi All. New member and first time poster. I use Signlab 9.1 and have just connected a Roland GX-500 cutter, While it cuts fine via direct USB port, It wont recognise jobs sent via the print spooler. The spooler sends the job out to the cutter, but the cutter wont recognise it. I tried connecting via a parallel cable, slowing down the baud rate, but no luck. PC is Windows 10 Pro. Have installed updated win10 drivers from Roland. TIA.
Check Manage Queue!

- Start Production Manager and go to:
Queue | Manage Queues...

If again it doesn't work:

- Go to Production Manager folder and click on "Clean". This is a .bat file.
- Start Production Manager and install the driver from cadlink.

aplusigns

Check Manage Queue!

- Start Production Manager and go to:
Queue | Manage Queues...

If again it doesn't work:

- Go to Production Manager folder and click on "Clean". This is a .bat file.
- Start Production Manager and install the driver from cadlink.
Thanks Timotyen. I'll give that a try and see how it goes.