• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Signlab CDL files

Jogger

I have been using signlab 5 for 18 yrs. Looking to upgrade computer/software/cutter.
Question is which programs will read older version CDL files ?
Thanks for help & suggestions.

d fleming

New version of SL should read them just fine. I had no problem when I went from 5 to 8. I think the newest is 10

gabagoo

I'm on 8 and it reads all the old files...mind you some of the font names must have been changed over the years as my really old files from the century before can have issues finding fonts..not all but some

Kysignman

I have been using signlab 5 for 18 yrs. Looking to upgrade computer/software/cutter.
I just upgraded Signlab 7 to 10. Had a hard drive go out and had to upgrade computer to win 10 also. The old computer was Win XP, new signlab would not work with XP.
This also meant I would have to upgrade other programs as well because of using win10. We have n older Mimake jv3 160 SV and it took 3 weeks to get the printer to work. I am having trouble with singlab 10 reading files from one of our other computers using Signlab 7. I have tried to load several fonts I use with 7 ( 3 party fonts) and I am having trouble getting them to show.This is not a negative post on Signlab, I have used Signlab/Cadlink since they first started with the Gerber Sigmaker conversion, I think the program is great.