• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab Install Problems.

3dsignco

I guess I should let someone shoot me in the head.

I finally let my distributor talk me into upgrading to Signlab 7.1 from 5.. on 2 computers

So I get my Disks today go to install it and now I get a message "This program will not run on Windows 2000"

Is anyone else running SL 7.1 on Win 2000.. I can't believe that they would stop support on win 2000 as it the most solid Windows ever and even XP is based on Win 2000 OS.

geb

According to the cadlink site, 7.1 is compatible with 2000.
Here's more when I punch in windows 2000 and 7.1:
Technote # 2465
Date Created February 26, 2001

Updated February 13, 2007
Category FAQ
Product(s) SignLab 4.95, SignLab 5.X, SignLab e6.X, SignLab 7.X
Title Signlab Compatibility With Windows XP and 2000
Description

Solution Signlab version 7.1 - Fully compatible with Windows XP SP2, Windows XP 64 bit and Windows 2000. Compatible with Windows VISTA 32 with known issues. NOT compatible with Windows VISTA 64.

SignLab must be installed and used in administrator mode for Windows VISTA 32. It is not possible to launch the Print Cut Manager if printing from a Third Party application. Printing from SignLab to the Print Cut Manager functions normally.

Users with Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Windows XP 64 bit will require the latest HASP drivers. See the downloads section of the CADlink web-site. Windows XP 64 bit is ONLY compatible with SignLab 7.1 build 03 and later.

Maybe Rod from Cadlink can help more,

George

3dsignco

Yep Been Going through all their White pages. I have a feeling they sent me a Vista Version as I am reading on the install disk that this is SL7.1_Rev1B9..

Guess I'll have to patient and wait till tommarow and see if they send me a link to download another Revision. I do have the Demo loaded so I know it will work... Just the fustration level is getting the better of me today.

geb

Bill, Signlab also has a forum, and I noticed other tech notes with 7.1 in the support/ knowledge base you may want to take a look at. It is over my head as far as understanding what they mean, but maybe search the forum.

I'm sure you'll be happy with version7 once you get past this point. Sorry not much help.

edit: I posted at same time so didn't see above post. Hang in there, you'll get it.

George

chopper

there is a tech from sign lab that visits this site all the time his name is rob
his e mail address is robinc@cadlink.com
this guy reall know his stuff he has helped me out several time very nice guy
give him a shout //chopper

signage

I am running signlab on a windows 2000 machine with out any problems. Check with Aladdin make sure you have the correct driver for the dongle. Also make sure all you antivirus and firewalls are disabled.

3dsignco

Would like to give the the Tech Guys at Cadlink a big Thumbs up today.
Got a hold of them and figgured out the problem..Somewhere along the line while they were making the new version 9 CDs the installer part got messed up and it wouldn't install on Windows 2000. Something to do with Microsoft.. Go Figgure.
Had to download Version 8 and Install it then Upgrade from there.. Was a trip.. I was starting to feel sorry for the tech. Guys as nothing was working right for anyone today there or here as then it wouldn't reconize USB Ports with the Versacamm. They spent at least 2 hours on remote access (and that was interesting as I have Dual monitors and I had to keep moving windows over for him as he couldn't see what was opening up on the other window) and the phone figuring it out. All this so I can change it all again next week when the new Mutoh gets here.

Thanks Cadlink for Great support.:U Rock: