• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

signlab pms match

dolce05

I run signlab 7.1 and just downloaded a file a customer sent me and i have pms colors to match, how do i make sure if i save the file and outsource the printing that the colors are correct. (I notice sometimes when we save a file as an ai the colors look different in illustrator).

I just want to set the file up and save as a jpg so its ready for print

We just purchased a vp540 but havent received it yet. Once we have the printer we can play around with files and profiling, but for now this print job is being outsourced.

Thank you in advance for anyones help

Rod

Publish to PDF

1. Go File menu >> Publish to PDF.
2. This will ensure that your spot colors are stored as "named colors."

If you have concerns about specific color hues, then use LAB values (double-click the given color within Shop Palette, and set LAB).

Regards,

Rod at CADlink

dolce05

thanks Rod!

Do you know of any up coming workshops or classes to learn about the print part of signlab as well as learning all of the designing capabilities.

Regards,

Chris

dolce05

I have another question on a quick note..... is it possible to make copy and text have a transparent effect...if so starting with a solid color line of text where do you go from there??

Rod

Training videos

Hi Chris,

You want to view the InfoSource training videos, which are available here:

http://www.cadlink.com/infoSource/nfo_sl_tut.php

For your particular case, I believe you want to start with the Color Theory and Color Management Videos, as well as the Print & Cutting From SignLab videos.

Cheers,

Rod at CADlink

dolce05

whats the upgrade cost from 7.1 to 8 ?? And what are the "main" new features that would have me upgrade to 8.

By the way those videos (tutorials) are great, looks like I won't be jumping on the photoshop bandwagon anytime soon.

thank you again for all your help.

Chris

signage

I was told by Signlab to call my local distributor and see how much. I also believe they have a special now for $500.00!

dolce05

thanks guys so i'm guessing by the response for 500.00 its worth the upgrade. (I would just hate to watch a video then realize what they showed me I can only do in 8.)

be well.