• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab to onyx to flex cut summa

klingsdesigns

i have signlab 9.1. Onyx postershop 18.5 and summacut d160. Trying to send a contour cut and flex cut. I nor the installer could get it to work. Anyone have any tips? If not I will be calling onyx tomorrow to try and figure it out. I have read that I might have to turn off flex cut on the cutter and don’t know how. Or where to find the right setting. In signlab I tried to make two colors one for kiss and one for flex. I exported as pdf. Not sure if I have to do eps or what.

Bert Wondervan

i have signlab 9.1. Onyx postershop 18.5 and summacut d160. Trying to send a contour cut and flex cut. I nor the installer could get it to work. Anyone have any tips? If not I will be calling onyx tomorrow to try and figure it out. I have read that I might have to turn off flex cut on the cutter and don’t know how. Or where to find the right setting. In signlab I tried to make two colors one for kiss and one for flex. I exported as pdf. Not sure if I have to do eps or what.

Is that version Signlab Print and Cut 9.1?

klingsdesigns

I have also tried sending contour cut half cut and die cut from signlab to summa and they all seem to cut the same.

klingsdesigns

Does the cutter sound like a sewing machine while cutting?

It has sometimes when in onyx and you click on each layer an manually change it, sometimes it seems like the flex cut will cut like the contour and the contour will cut like flex. Other times it just cuts always like contour and doesnt lift and drop like it should.

Bert Wondervan

No, that is not possible, but you may first be able to save SignLab file and then import it into Onyx.

Christian @ 2CT Media

It has sometimes when in onyx and you click on each layer an manually change it, sometimes it seems like the flex cut will cut like the contour and the contour will cut like flex. Other times it just cuts always like contour and doesnt lift and drop like it should.
On the cutter in the options menu is flex cut set to off? It should be as turning that on makes it always flexcut.

klingsdesigns

Ok so got a little bit farther on this. I ended up turning the cutter flex off. I can design in illustrator and name a contourcut_kiss and contourcut_flex and they will go into the onyx and work correct. I cant get it to work from signlab. But if i take the illustrator file and import into signlab and export back out to pdf and into onyx it works. I have to figure out how to get the colors to work in signlab right to export correctly. Everytime i try and change the cutline color it adds fill and not outline correct.

klingsdesigns

Any idea what these two N with square around them are? Thats the only difference i can figure out that is making the right file to go to onyx to recognize its a flex cut.

Attachments

• N.JPG
    N.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 222