• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab Upgrade

Milo

A small rant, but caution to the those who use Signlab with thermal printing devices such as EDGE or Summa.

We've been Signlab users for a long time and decided to upgrade to Signlab 9 in January. After a month of using it and repeated issues with various design functions, I found out today that THEY ARE NOT SUPPORTING ANY THERMAL PRINTING DEVICES ANY LONGER INCLUDING GERBER EDGE MACHINES.
I asked exactly why that decision was made, and it was made by thier Sales and Marketing dept.

We have thermal printing in house and the Edge is a vital part of our business. So I made a mistake in staying with Signlab on the upgrade, but I only found out after they had to download another entire updated version to fix software issues, but the new updated version does not allow printing to EDGE printers.

So to keep me printing on the EDGE, they loaded two sets of Signlab Software. I use one to print only to my inkjet, and the other to print only to my EDGE.

Just a heads up.

Drip Dry

I thought Signlab was the major competitor to Flexi.

Seems I haven't heard much about it last couple of years