Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signlab VS Flexi...What should I do?

Discussion in 'Signlab' started by ToddM., Jul 28, 2009.

1. ToddM.

ToddM. Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Ok guys, I have an older version of Signlab and I'm ready to upgrade....However, I've also used Flexi and I really like it.

Does anyone here have any opinions on Flexi 8.6 VS the newest Signlab? I can buy a used Flexi package for a few hundred bucks more than my Signlab upgrade, so cost isn't really the main concern...I'd just like to hear from someone who has tried both.

Tags:
  2. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

I would upgrade to Signlab. Call your dealers and get prices from each. They will be different.

3. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Have run both, prefer Signlab.

4. houseofgrafix

houseofgrafix none

Dec 27, 2007
    cw
    I love flexi

5. nesscoben

nesscoben New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Support. Support. Support. Find a dealer you can go to for tech support directly with software. We field 98% of tech support in house on Signlab.

6. Artgunner

Artgunner Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Concord
    Yeah, I know Jonathan very well. And... He has been a great help! Tech issues, layout and tools...that's why I bought and use Flexi. Been a Signlab customer since the 80s. Don't use it anymore. I find that color profiles are better with Flexi. The Flexi salesman displayed both software programs to me, printed a file I had and Flexi won being a far better program for me. I have both updated programs and use Flexi.

Et all: Whatever software you buy, make sure you do the homework and find whats best for you. It will save you alot of money and time.

Art

7. I found the color profiles in Signlab were off. Bright reds in Flexi and Illustrator print brown'y red. Had problems with getting other colours correct on my VersaCamm, ended up ditching Signlab.

I have version 7.1 for Print & Cut for sale if anyone wants it, but it's not for me. I prefer Flexi.

8. blackicefx

blackicefx Active Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Holy crap, I've been watching too many animes (japanese cartoons) lately! I thought this thread said, Shinobis (ninjas) vs Flexi!

*gets back to work*

Matthew

9. Wildpony

Wildpony Member

Dec 14, 2006
    I have used both and prefer Flexi. Although there were a couple things that signLab did better at the time, just can't remember what they were.

10. Jester1167

Jester1167 Premium Subscriber

This is just like Illy vs. Corel.

My vote is for Corel and Signlab.

11. Wildpony

Wildpony Member

Dec 14, 2006
    There is another current post on here with a pole on who used Flexi. It has been staying at around %75, meaning that when you have questions there are more users using Flexi.

12. SignPainter

SignPainter Member

Nov 15, 2006
    I only cut vinyl. A guy I know here local said his flexi did not print that great on his roland printer. He said he uses adobe illustrator and his prints turn out great. Again I know nothing about printing that's just what he told me.