• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab VS Flexi...What should I do?

ToddM.

Ok guys, I have an older version of Signlab and I'm ready to upgrade....However, I've also used Flexi and I really like it.

Does anyone here have any opinions on Flexi 8.6 VS the newest Signlab? I can buy a used Flexi package for a few hundred bucks more than my Signlab upgrade, so cost isn't really the main concern...I'd just like to hear from someone who has tried both.

nesscoben

Support. Support. Support. Find a dealer you can go to for tech support directly with software. We field 98% of tech support in house on Signlab.

Artgunner

Yeah, I know Jonathan very well. And... He has been a great help! Tech issues, layout and tools...that's why I bought and use Flexi. Been a Signlab customer since the 80s. Don't use it anymore. I find that color profiles are better with Flexi. The Flexi salesman displayed both software programs to me, printed a file I had and Flexi won being a far better program for me. I have both updated programs and use Flexi.

Et all: Whatever software you buy, make sure you do the homework and find whats best for you. It will save you alot of money and time.

Art

tdgraphics

I found the color profiles in Signlab were off. Bright reds in Flexi and Illustrator print brown'y red. Had problems with getting other colours correct on my VersaCamm, ended up ditching Signlab.

I have version 7.1 for Print & Cut for sale if anyone wants it, but it's not for me. I prefer Flexi.

blackicefx

Holy crap, I've been watching too many animes (japanese cartoons) lately! I thought this thread said, Shinobis (ninjas) vs Flexi!

*gets back to work*

Matthew

Wildpony

I have used both and prefer Flexi. Although there were a couple things that signLab did better at the time, just can't remember what they were.

Wildpony

There is another current post on here with a pole on who used Flexi. It has been staying at around %75, meaning that when you have questions there are more users using Flexi.

SignPainter

I only cut vinyl. A guy I know here local said his flexi did not print that great on his roland printer. He said he uses adobe illustrator and his prints turn out great. Again I know nothing about printing that's just what he told me.