• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs 101 has reopened

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Hopefully we have a complete repair.

If you get any virus warnings ...

Please

• Clear your browser cache
  • Delete all temporary internet files on you computer
  • Then report any warnings if you still get them.
Our expert is currently looking everything over and performing some maintenance. He cautions that sometimes these things come back, so please report any problems right away.

We regret any inconvenience.

WildWestDesigns

Seems to have worked for me. Not a moment to soon. I was starting to shake very badly. Like a coffee junkie waiting for first cup.

GoodPeopleFlags

Does anyone know why in the world people spend their time creating viruses??? What the heck to they get out of it???? Is it companies that sell virus protection software???

WildWestDesigns

Does anyone know why in the world people spend their time creating viruses??? What the heck to they get out of it???? Is it companies that sell virus protection software???

It's people that don't want to go out and get a real job, unless they are doing it for the companies that sell anti-virus software.

There is one computer kid that I know that says that sometimes there are even competitions among hackers to see what they can do.

Just people with too much time and nothing constructive to do.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Big Guy and congratulations on getting it back up and running bug-free.............

genericname

It's people that don't want to go out and get a real job, unless they are doing it for the companies that sell anti-virus software.

Actually, quite a few of them work for government. Those that don't, know that the big money is in trojans or worms, aimed at turning a host computer into a zombie for a bot-net, which is then used as part of a larger attack without the host user knowing. Either that, or directly using the infection as a means of gathering info like keystrokes, passwords, or credit card numbers.

It would almost be better if infections were due to some bored basement dweller, but the fact of the matter is that your information is the product in a huge international industry, and people who pay, and are paid a lot for it, want access to it.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

There is one computer kid that I know that says that sometimes there are even competitions among hackers to see what they can do.

Just people with too much time and nothing constructive to do.

My understanding is far more insidious than that and that it's all about the money. There is a rather large and well developed network of individuals involved in a criminal enterprise where credit card and other data is sold. Various members of the network specialize in various aspects of the whole. Some write viruses, some write exploit kits to make it easier for hackers, some setup phishing sites to get your information and some take this information and use it to make purchases, open new accounts and steal identities. It is a multi-billion dollar enterprise and most of the people involved in it are there for the money.

We had one experience where we were lax about changing our passwords only to find that a former employee of a programmer we used had sold our access passwords into the above described network.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, one of these Wall Street Occupy groups, I think in New
York
, are getting free flu shots. Maybe you could get a few shots for your computer, there. :rolleyes:

signage

Hi i'm signage and I have an addiction to signs101, Oh that was what i was doing a few hours ago!:frustrated::ROFLMAO:

John L

BlueFishDesigns said:

Some get 15 or 20 years. Google "Albert Gonzales" for an interesting read sometime.

ForgeInc

Is this a good spot to mention since I have owned and worked on macs over the last 20+ years, I have never gotten a virus?

I am KIDDING, KIDDING folks!...Now please, no rants!

Glad the site is backup, ya don't realize how good ya have it until stuff goes away or changes. Good job getting it going so quick.

WildWestDesigns

Glad the site is backup, ya don't realize how good ya have it until stuff goes away or changes. Good job getting it going so quick.

Ain't that the truth. I was always to get on during the morning and I was really hating the vBulletin message about how it was down for awhile.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Thanks Fred. I am re-inserting my electronic shunt, and have turned on the Signs101.com drip...full throttle.

JB